I miss writing about my life.
Back when I thought of this blog as simply that, a blog.
By now, I’m sure you’ve noticed that this reboot is taking its time.
That was always the intention and plan. The previous designing in the open took a few years before it reaches something akin to being complete.
But during that time, I wrote often, more than I wrote well. And whilst some of it wasn’t the most enjoyable at the time of writing, I love being able to look back and read things again. After all, this blog of mine is the most comprehensive diary I have.
So whilst I reboot the site, and write about the—sometimes—tedious aspects of that process, I also want to write about other things. After all, this blog isn’t actually about web design—though over the years I’ve written about it on occasion.
So, I’m bringing back Week notes.
I used to write them before, calling them The Abominable Weekly Update back then but Present—more pragmatic—Carlos, will simply call them Week notes. He’s cool/not cool like that.
Sunday has always been my favourite day to publish things, so except them around that time from now on.
Intentions articulated, plans made. This feels good.
One last thing before though, I want to recap January 2021 as a whole so that I can start with a fresh week this Sunday.
- The UK goes into Lockdown 3: Hands. Face. Space.—I’m not surprised and will continue to stay at home
- Follow-up the interviews for HSBC’s Digital Accessibility Manager role—they decide I’m not a good fit (I assume)
- Katy and I went for our first baby-scan—so far so good
- Lucien and I start assembling our own Warhammer miniature armies—and loving getting to spend time together
- Favourite song: House on a Hill by The Pretty Reckless
- Currently reading: How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy by Jenny Odell
- Covid-19 cases (UK): 3,903,706 (5th Feb)1
See you on Sunday.